Let us learn all about the dynamic degree programme of BBA in Business Analytics and what it entails- including its career scope, subjects, and salaries.
What is BBA Business Analytics?
The undergraduate degree programme, BBA, or Bachelor of Business Administration, is centred on business management and administration. On the other hand, business analytics is a research and practice area that uses data and statistical analysis to support business actions and plans. This specialised programme in Business Analytics combines the fundamentals of business administration with the analytical abilities necessary for making decisions based on data. It is intended to provide students with a solid basis in business knowledge and an awareness of how to use data to acquire insights and address business issues.
The three-year BBA in Business Analytics programme has courses in statistics, data analysis, data mining, predictive modelling, business intelligence, and data visualisation. Additionally, business topics including marketing, finance, operations, and strategy are taught to students.
Students who pursue a BBA in Business Analytics get a special skill set that blends analytical skills with business knowledge. In order to find trends, patterns, and correlations that can guide strategic decisions and enhance business efficiency, they learn how to gather, evaluate, and analyse data. Graduates of this programme can work in a variety of fields where data-driven insights are highly appreciated, such as consulting, finance, marketing, supply chain management, and technology.
What are BBA Business Analytics Subjects?
BBA Business Analytics covers a wide range of topics that provide an in-depth knowledge of business management and administration with a special focus on business analytics. Some of the main topics include:
Management: Principles of Management, Production and Operation Management, Corporate Financial Management, Forecasting And Demand Management, Strategic Management, Customer Relationship Management, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, and Compensation & Performance Management, are a few of the subjects covered in this course. It helps students gain practical knowledge and skills to work in a professional setting.
Accounting: Accounting is the process of recording, categorising, interpreting, and summarising a company’s or organisation’s financial transactions. Accounting’s goal is to deliver pertinent and reliable financial data to those who make decisions, including managers, investors, creditors, and regulatory organisations.
Accounting is vital in businesses and organisations to keep track of their financial performance, make educated choices, and adhere to legal and regulatory obligations. It gives a detailed picture of the company’s financial situation and aids in determining its strengths as well as its shortcomings. Accounting data is often shared with external stakeholders, such as creditors and investors, to help them decide whether to invest or to do business with the company.
Topics like Financial Accounting, Corporate Accounting, and Cost Accounting, are covered in the BBA Business Analytics degree programme. These subjects provide skills and insights into different areas of accounting of an organisation.
Marketing: Marketing is the process of promoting, offering, and ultimately supplying goods and services to consumers. It involves analysing consumer preferences and demands, designing and putting into action methods to meet those needs, and enhancing customer value. BBA Business Analytics teaches students on topics such as Marketing Management, Financial Market & Services, Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Consumer Behaviour to cover the important aspects of acquiring skills in business marketing.
Human Resources: The management and advancement of the workforce is the primary focus of human resources (HR). It is an important department inside organisations. Recruiting, choosing, appointing, instructing, compensating, and keeping the workers are just a few of the many tasks that go under the umbrella of Human Resources. It also deals with managing benefits, managing performance, managing employee relations, and ensuring that employment practices are compliant with the law. BBA Business Analytics syllabus thus encompasses study in Human Resources (HR) Management, HR operations, HR Analytics, International HR Management, etc.
Analytics: In order for organisations to comprehend patterns, trends, and correlations within their business activities and market, analytics provides the tools and methodologies for collecting, analysing, interpreting, and visualising data. The study of Marketing Analytics, Financial Analytics, and Business Analytics- which are subjects in BBA Business Analytics, enables the learners to derive informed decisions based on data and results, for more efficient business operations.
Other topics like Corporate Communication, Personality Development, Business Laws, Taxes, Environmental Science, Entrepreneurship Development, Employability Training, etc are taught for a holistic business education of students in this programme.
Career Scope of BBA in Business Analytics
Graduates of a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) programme with a focus on Business Analytics shall be well-versed in both the business principles and analytical methods which opens them up to a variety of job prospects in the field of business analytics. Following are a few possible occupations or job roles and career pathways for BBA graduates with a focus on BBA Business Analytics:
- Data Analyst: Data analysts concentrate on gathering, processing, and interpreting data in order to derive insights and assist in making business decisions. To find trends, correlations, and patterns in huge datasets, they make use of statistical methods, data mining, and visualisation tools.
- Business Analyst: To identify business issues, possibilities, and trends, Business Analysts collect and analyse data. They collaborate closely with stakeholders to comprehend company demands, create guidelines, and offer solutions for process optimisation, decision-making, and operational improvement.
- Data Scientist: Data scientists are in charge of creating intricate analytical models, algorithms, and Machine Learning strategies to glean insights from significant and complex datasets. To address business issues and create data-driven decisions, they concentrate on statistical analysis, data mining, and predictive modelling.
- Market Research Analyst: Market research analysts collect and examine market data to offer insights into consumer behaviour, industry trends, and competitive environments. They collect and analyse data using a variety of research approaches, data analysis methods, and survey instruments.
- Financial Analyst: To give information for investment decisions, risk evaluation, and financial planning, financial analysts examine market trends and financial data. They carry out financial modelling, assess business performance, and formulate suggestions using financial analysis.
- Business Intelligence Analyst: To produce reports, dashboards, and visualisations that facilitate company intelligence projects, business intelligence analysts gather and analyse data from a variety of sources. They work with interested parties to develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and offer valuable information for making strategic decisions.
- Operations analyst: Operations analysts are concerned with streamlining and improving corporate procedures. They examine operational data, spot obstacles, and suggest changes to boost effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency. They can also be active in logistics optimisation and supply chain management.
- Consultant: Consultants work with organisations to offer data solutions, plans, and suggestions. They evaluate business requirements, analyse data, and produce actionable insights to solve particular business problems or improve procedures.
Salary of BBA Business Analytics Graduates
BBA Business Analytics freshers can get up to ₹4-5 LPA salary which can grow with experience and performance. Business Analysts can earn about ₹10LPA or more depending on their skill sets, years of experience, company, job location etc.
BBA in Business Analytics degree combines analytical skills with business expertise and opens up different job prospects in the expanding field of data analytics. The programme facilitates experts to learn how to draw conclusions from large data sets that can be put to good use. It improves the ability to think critically and solve problems while giving people the skills they need to succeed in the data-driven corporate world. Overall, BBA Business Analytics opens up its graduates to lucrative new careers and enables them to learn interesting subjects related to Business Management and Administration.